Midnapore College (Estd.: 1873) is now one of the premier educational institutions of West Bengal and first Autonomous College under Vidyasagar University. For the benefit of students the college has both Boys’ & Girls’ Hostels. Boys’ Hostel started its journey in the year 1960. It is very close to the college campus and adjacent to college ground with enough space and healthy environment.
Total seat capacity in this hostel is currently 63. There are 22 rooms, 21 rooms for boarding purpose and 1 room used as common room. Every room is equipped with sufficient light and fans. Three boarders are accommodated in a room. The college provides wooden cot, table and chair to every boarder. The hostel has well equipped kitchen and spacious dining hall.
Both Boys’ & Girls’ Hostels are supervised by this Committee. The Hostel Committee comprises the following members to see the overall development and discipline of the hostel:
Chairman : Dr. Gopal Chandra Bera Principal, Midnapore College
Secretary : Mr. Avijit Dutta Superintendent, Boys’ Hostel, Midnapore College
1. Prof. Chandrima Chakraborty, Superintendent, Girls’ Hostel
2. Dr. Anup Kumar Das Mahapatra, Member, Governing Body
3. Prof.Dilip Kumar Bhattacharya, Finance Officer
4. Sri Subhasish Das, Accountant
5. Sri Asok Kumar Kundu, Head Clerk(Day)
6. Smt. Nichu Mukhi, Staff Representative, Girls’ Hostel
7. Mr. Gurupada De, Staff Representative, Boys’ Hostel
8. Two Boarder’s Representative, Girls’ Hostel (Not selected for coming session)
9. Two Boarder’s Representative, Boys’ Hostel (Not selected for coming session)